(updated 31 May 2020)
MANDATORY SAFETY RULES
Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) has issued a set of mandatory safety rules for the resumption of filming activities. Productions starting work from 2 June 2020 onwards, have to comply to these rules:
https://www.imda.gov.sg/news-and-events/Media-Room/Media-Releases/2020/Advisories-on-COVID-19-Situation [see For Media Content Production Companies]
(if above link does not work, refer to this PDF. )
You may wish to refer to https://covid.gobusiness.gov.sg/permittedlist/ for the list of permitted services that will be allowed to resume activities in Phase 1.
Meanwhile, below are some safety resources and practical recommendations for media production.
COMPREHENSIVE COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Put together by a working group of Singapore media industry professionals (including SAMPP) together with IMDA, this Comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Measures document contains a list of practical recommendations media companies and professionals can adopt during this period.
GENERAL INTERNATIONAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
Here are some other safety recommendations for media productions from various countries for reference.
- Philippines Film Development Council – Interim Guidelines
- Norway VIRKE Safety Guidelines
- ITV/BBC/Sky/etc Safety Guidance
- Lionsgate Safety Guidelines
- Screen Producers Australia – COVID-10 Fact Sheet – Practical Workplace Measures / (direct pdf link)
- Sweden & Denmark Production Guidelines
- BECTU Film & TV recovery plan
- NZ ScreenSafe COVID-19 H&S – Endorsed – Standard
- NZ ScreenSafe COVID-19 H&S – Endorsed – Protocols (19 May 2020) latest updated information here
- NZ Govt WorkSafe COVID-19 Risk Assessment Safety Plan
- Production Equipment Rental Group (PERG) Safe Return to Work Guidelines & Sanitisation Guides from various equipment manufacturers (ARRI, RED, Sony, Zeiss, etc)
BROADCAST JOURNALISM / DOCUMENTARY FILMMAKERS
- VARIETY: ‘Neighbours’ Iconic Australian Soap Opera Resumes Production
- DEADLINE: Australia’s ‘Neighbours’ Sets Safety Protocols As It Resumes Production; First Show Back Could Be Road Map For Others
- ABC News: Making TV in the coronavirus pandemic: Why the television industry is watching what Neighbours does next