(updated 24 Sep 2020)
(Please note that the information contained in these pages are provided – “as is”, – with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, – or timeliness. SAMPP assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions.)
Here is a collated list of initiatives put out by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) to support the media sector in Singapore during the current COVID-19 situation:
- IMDA launched a new $8 million Public Service Content (PSC) Fund to catalyse more projects that can benefit local media companies and professionals in the coming months. Under this initiative, Mediacorp, Viddsee and SPH will commission short-form content for their digital platforms through Calls for Proposal (CFP). Up to $150,000 in funding will be available per project per call.
- Mediacorp has launched the first CFP on 23 April 2020 entitled #Stories4SG.
- Deadline for submission of concept proposals 15TH May 2020 | 2359Hrs
- CFP Link: http://www.mediacorp.sg/call-for-proposals
- All Submissions must be in English with a fully completed form
- Applicant to declare that concept submitted must not have received other government grants
- Please submit the submission form to Stories4SG@mediacorp.com.sg
- Production Houses can also divert any questions they may have to this email.
- Encourage reputable and market-leading MNCs to proactively collaborate with Singapore media SMEs on international/ regional projects. Partnership initiatives supported under the programme will focus on uplifting capabilities of Singapore media SMEs, who will work with the MNCs to develop compelling content for new markets, which will in the long-term, drive new business growth.
- Interested media MNCs can reach out to IMDA at email@example.com to explore partnership opportunities.
- IMDA and SGTech have jointly curated a suite of technology solutions to help SMEs and businesses address business continuity challenges, allowing them to be better positioned to grow and capture new business opportunities when the economy recovers.
- These specially-curated solutions aim to make business continuity essentials more accessible to SMEs and businesses, across several key categories: Remote Working
- Visitor Management
- Bill and Pay Online
- Sell Online
- For more information, visit https://www.imda.gov.sg/for-industry/Digital-Solutions-Package-For-Companies
- The Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG) helps companies adopt technology solutions to improve productivity and enhance business processes.
- The scope of solutions supported under PSG will be expanded to include remote working and visitor management.
- The list of supported solutions can be found in the Digital Solutions Directory.
- PSG support for pre-approved solutions under the SMEs Go Digital programme will also be raised, from a maximum of 70% to 80%.
- Go to Tech Depot for the full list of PSG solutions.
- SME Centres and the SME Digital Tech Hub can also provide remote assistance for SMEs that need advice.
Pre-existing initiatives that may also be helpful/relevant:
- IMDA and Enterprise Singapore will provide up to 80% funding support for enterprises to adopt advanced digital solutions. This will be done in collaboration with partners that can scale reach and implement digital solutions both within the enterprise and across the industry.
- Funding support can cover costs for hardware and software, infrastructure, connectivity, cybersecurity, integrations, development, enhancement and project management. It can also cover costs of replacing or expanding legacy systems and existing infrastructures.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted at media freelancers with more than 3 years of experience and media professionals who have been out of work for more than 6 months. The programme will provide trainees with the opportunity to gain valuable media skills and experience through a 6 to 12-month immersive and experiential on-the-job training programme.
- The Story Lab Mentorship is an extension of the Story Lab Apprenticeship (SLA) programme which was launched in August 2019.
- More information about the Story Lab Mentorship will be available at this link in August 2020.