Quarantine Order Allowance Scheme & Leave of Absence/Stay Home Notice Support Programme
(updated 27 Mar 2020)
The Quarantine Order Allowance (QOA) Scheme is set up to mitigate financial impact for those who have been served Quarantine Orders under the Infectious Diseases Act.
Under the QOA scheme, claims of $100 per day can be made by two groups:
(ii) Employers, who have employees issued with Quarantine Orders
The following groups are eligible to claim for the QOA:
|Self-employed||• Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident|
• Show proof of employment
• Must not break quarantine order
|Employers||• Registered company in Singapore|
• Employees must be Singapore Citizen, Permanent Residents or Workpass holders
• Show proof of payment to employees when they are under quarantine
• Employees must not break quarantine order
Application forms will be provided by authorities upon completion of quarantine. See https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/faqs for more info
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is providing support to help businesses and self-employed persons (SEPs) who are affected by Leave of Absence (LOA) and Stay-Home Notice (SHN) requirements due to COVID-19.
The support will not apply to employers and SEPs if telecommuting arrangements are available for work to be performed remotely by affected persons.
You can apply for LOA/SHN Support if:
- Employers: Your worker travelled on/before the following advisory dates, and was placed on mandatory LOA/SHN:
- Self-employed: You travelled on/before the following advisory dates, and were placed on mandatory LOA/SHN:
- Advisory Dates:
- 31 Jan 2020: Mainland China
- 26 Feb 2020: Daegu City or Cheongdo County, South Korea
- 4 Mar 2020: South Korea, Iran, or Northern Italy (Aosta Valley, Piedmont, Liguria, Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Veneto, Friuli-Venezia, Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol)
- 15 Mar 2020: Italy, France, Spain or Germany
- 16 Mar 2020: ASEAN countries (Malaysia, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam), Japan, United Kingdom or Switzerland
- 20 Mar 2020: Any other country not mentioned above
You cannot apply for LOA/SHN Support if:
- Your worker was able to perform work remotely
- Your worker was no longer in employment with you at the stated travel advisory dates or for the full duration of LOA/SHN
- You did not pay your worker during LOA/SHN period, or required him/her to use his/her original paid leave or ordinary sick leave entitlement
- Your worker did not comply fully with LOA/SHN requirements
- You did not obtain entry approval from MOM before your work pass holder(s) entered Singapore.
For more information, visit https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/loasp